Department Description: The Radiology Department at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Needham (BID–Needham) offers a wide array of personalized services for our patients. We have short wait times and technologists whose top priority is accommodating you. As a community hospital, our staff offers a personal touch not always found at larger institutions. Our radiologists are members of the medical staff of the Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Needham and the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) in Boston.
Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 31083BR
Job Summary: Under the general direction of the Mammography Supervisor performs a wide variety of specific and specialized duties, using independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative. This position requires knowledge of procedures and policies related to the Breast Care Center. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands and to seek managerial assistance as needed. Performs all duties with respect to receiving patients as they arrive in the Breast Care Center, escorting patient to the changing area and throughout the suite as needed. Greets patients at the reception area and enters orders. Prepares all patient letters for mailing, uploads CD's and associated reports for their imaging procedure or consults. Keeps the waiting space in an orderly fashion, prints schedules, empties and replaces linens, faxes and collates orders.
- Works as a technical assistant to the Breast Care Center staff by escorting patients from the front desk to the changing area and provides instructions on changing.
- Enters and edits Radiology requisitions accurately.
- Print schedules for next day's appointments.
- Restocks exam rooms and monitors supplies notifying staff when reorder is needed.
- Uploads CD's for image consults or comparisons and accurately marks them in PACS.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required in Experience in a related field (preferably Mammography).
- Equivalent related work experience may be substituted for High School Diploma and/or GED requirement.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Previous experience in mammography preferred
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.