Specimen Processor-Data Entry Clerk
Department Description: The Clinical Laboratory/Division of Pathology is an integral part of the patient care provided by Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Needham. The laboratory provides state of the art testing services for both in-patients and outpatients. These services include anatomical pathology, cytopathology, clinical chemistry, microbiology, hematology, transfusion medicine and immunology.
Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 28371BR
Job Summary: Perform under supervision, routine data entry, and clinical functions associated with specimen processing and patient reception.
- Retrieves patient information from computer and relay test results to appropriate personnel.
- Receives Specimen drop-off from patients and clinical departments.
- Assists patients, visitors, and other staff with pertinent information as required. e.g. answering telephones.
- Locates patient lab orders in their respective computer systems (Athena, OMR, Meditech).
- Computer entry of patient registration and lab orders.
- Some High School required, High School diploma or GED preferred
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Medical Terminology and computer application preferred. Ability to handle simultaneous requests and telephone calls.
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures helpful.
- Previous experience in Laboratory
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus