At Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center our nurses make a difference each and every day. Here you will work in a collaborative environment where our patients come first. You are a patient advocate delivering compassionate care while ensuring safe nursing practices. We are Harvard with a heart and strive to build on our legacy of nursing excellence.
- Full Time
- Level: 1 + Years
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
- Team Player 10
- Adaptable/Flexible 9
- Patient Focused 8
- Self Confident 8
- Dependable 7
- Compassionate 7
Let me just give you a quick overview of why it's different here. You'll be heard, respected, valued. Your ideas will be sought, your input welcomed. There's a real commitment to keeping it collegial and collaborative.-Marsha M., RN, MS, Senior Vice President, Patient Care Services CNO
Health and Wellness Programs
$5 Red Sox Tickets
Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Needham has a seven-bed intensive care unit (ICU) that provides critical care to medical, surgical, and cardiac patients. Patients are under the care of a dedicated intensivist and hospitalist, along with nurses who are trained in caring for patients with complex medical needs.
Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 28449BR
Job Summary: The Registered Nurse is responsible for direct and indirect nursing care, health maintenance, teaching, counseling, collaborative planning and rehabilitation.
The Registered Nurse collaborates with physicians and other disciplines to ensure quality, cost effective patient care.
- Mutually formulates outcome with the patient, significant others and health care team when appropriate
- Effectively delegates appropriate patient care activities to co-workers with appropriate knowledge and skill level. Holds co-workers accountable for completing delegated tasks in a timely manner
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the population groups of patients regularly served; seeks assistance from resources if other population groups need care.
- As required, performs patient teaching and provides care to patients in accordance with plan of care and practice standards
- Provides care in a non-judgmental manner that respects patients' rights, autonomy, dignity and confidentiality
- Associate's degree required .
- License required: Nursing License
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Previous experience preferred
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications:Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work:Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.