MRI Technician Aide
Department Description: The Radiology Department at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Needham (BID–Needham) offers a wide array of personalized services for our patients. We have short wait times and technologists whose top priority is accommodating you. As a community hospital, our staff offers a personal touch not always found at larger institutions. Our radiologists are members of the medical staff of the Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Needham and the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) in Boston.
Job Location: Needfham, MA
Req ID: 30812BR
Job Summary: Under the general direction of the Manager of Radiology, reporting to the Physician Liaison, and the Clinical Manager of MRI performs a wide variety of specific and specialized duties, using independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative. This position requires knowledge of procedures and policies related to the Radiology Department and functions as a team member. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands and to seek managerial assistance as needed. Performs all duties with respect to receiving patients as they arrive in Radiology and prepares all appropriate paperwork for their imaging procedure. This MRI Technologist Aide will perform various administrative duties, assisting technologist with related paperwork, managing confirmation process for upcoming appointments, assist technologists during contrast injections, positioning of patients and researching safety check list. May require some scheduling of MRI appointments as needed. Requires working in a high magnetic field.
- Works as a technical assistant to the MRI/Radiology Technologists to include positioning of patients, physical room set up and assisting with patient care during contrast injections.
- Follows up with the ordering physician as needed to ensure order and prior authorizations are present before exam time.
- Assists with scheduling of MRI appointments as needed.
- Prints images/exams from PACs. Print Significant images for NOSM (Needham Ortho Group)
- Maintains and organizes MRI front desk.
Prints and reviews the next days schedule for MRI and verifies that prior authorizations, clinical information and order forms are present.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- One year experience in related field, preferably MRI.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.