Department: Needham Gastroenterology Associates
At Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center our nurses make a difference each and every day. Here you will work in a collaborative environment where our patients come first. You are a patient advocate delivering compassionate care while ensuring safe nursing practices. We are Harvard with a heart and strive to build on our legacy of nursing excellence.
- Full Time
- Level: 1 + Years
- RN License
nurses at BIDMC, ensuring
every patient receives
of our nurses have a
or doctorate degree
dollars in scholarships awarded annually for
Health and Wellness Programs
$5 Red Sox Tickets
Department Description: Needham Gastroenterology Associates is dedicated to providing you with comprehensive GI care in a professional, ethical, and compassionate environment.
Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 36325BR
Job Summary: Reporting directly to the Practice Manager and Director of Nursing, this position is responsible for performing the duties of an office Licensed Practical Nurse as well as acting as a clinical resource for the unlicensed practice staff.
- Answers incoming calls from providers and patients.Triages patient calls utilizing approved triage protocols and with appropriate RN or provider clinical oversight. Documents clinical information per policy.
- Performs duties related to assisting the physician in the care of patients, including scheduling of tests; ordering of supplies, equipment, films and scans; monitoring and following up test results in collaboration with the provider and assisting with in-office procedures. Performs vitals signs, EKGs and medication administration, including injections as directed by the providers.
- Facilitates urgent or routine appointments and manages prescription refill requests. Responsible for care coordination and discharge care calls and appointment scheduling. Answers patient questions and exhibits strong telephone interviewing skills.
- Delegates tasks to unlicensed staff as needed. May lead clinical huddles for unlicensed staff support.
- Assists support staff with issues or patient concerns that require immediate attention or conflict resolution. Provides training to unlicensed staff as needed. Continues to update clinical knowledge and skills though consultation, the review of literature and formal and informal education including CEU's.
- Vocational or Technical training in Diploma in Nursing from a professional accredited Practical Program required.
- License Licensed Practicing Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- At least 1-3 years in a clinical setting, preferably primary care. The ability to assume responsibility for the coordination of patient care in an outpatient setting while working as part of a team of both professional and non-professional staff.
- Outstanding customer service skills. Ability to respond in stressful situations with a pleasant demeanor.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Let me just give you a quick overview of why it's different here. You'll be heard, respected, valued. Your ideas will be sought, your input welcomed. There's a real commitment to keeping it collegial and collaborative.-Marsha M., RN, MS, Senior Vice President, Patient Care Services CNO
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.