Image Archive Coordinator
Department Description: The Radiology Department at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Needham (BID–Needham) offers a wide array of personalized services for our patients. We have short wait times and technologists whose top priority is accommodating you. As a community hospital, our staff offers a personal touch not always found at larger institutions. Our radiologists are members of the medical staff of the Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Needham and the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) in Boston.
Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 26168BR
Job Summary: Under the general direction of the Manager of Radiology, reporting to the Physician Liaison performs a wide variety of specific and specialized duties, using independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative. This position requires knowledge of procedures and policies related to the Radiology Department and functions as team player. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands and to seek managerial assistance as needed. This position provides Imaging studies, either on CD or film, for requests made by patients, referring physicians or legal requests. As needed requests searches of old, off site records as needed. Provides support to the Radiology Schedulers and Unit Coordinators.
- In accordance with hospital policy and HIPPA requirements, burn CD's or prints films for patients, providers or for legal cases.
- Responsible for keeping the CD Burner in working order and notifies company when not working. Must know alternate way to burn CD's when CD burner is not operational.
- Responsible for ordering Mammo films from Quinlan weekly. Re-files returned x-rays into proper jackets as necessary and prepares for Quinlan pick-up.
- Keep track of all incoming films in orderly fashion. Log all outgoing and incoming CD's/Images in Meditech under Film Library.
- Non Urgent Results - Responsible for communication and documentation of Non Urgent Results (Inforad) with-in 48hrs of notification. This is a daily requirement.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required in medical or customer service working environment..
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with engaging telephone manner and presence. Requires working knowledge of basic skills and the ability to understand and follow simple written and oral instructions.
- Computer knowledge and expertise, specifically utilizing PACS technology.
- Problem solver with the ability to multitask with outstanding organizational skills.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally