Human Resources Business Partner
Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare is a network of more than 100 highly-skilled primary care physicians and specialists who are affiliated with the renowned Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth. Our Central Office is located in Needham, MA.
Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 38090BR
Job Summary: The Human Resources Business Partner collaborates with Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare (BIDHC) organizational leadership, HR professionals, and others, acting to support and resolve HR related issues within BIDHC including employee relations, benefits, compensation, training/organization and development of HR policies and procedures. Works closely with HR Director and BIDHC Leadership to create and support positive employee relations strategies. Interacts with employees and managers at all levels of BIDHC.
- Establishes business partner relations with Management to to address the need for HR services. Counsels employees, assists Practice Managers and Directors in the identification and resolution of employee relations matters. Keeps HR Director and BIDHC Leadership appraised of potential and existing HR related matters. Recommends appropriate corrective action ensuring consistency with BIDHC policy.
- Participates in the development, coordination and implementation of in-house training and Orientation related to BIDHC policy and procedures. Leads monthly orientation for new hires and current staff at BIDHC.
- Serves as the benefits resource for new hires and current staff during Open Enrollment. Assists employees with online enrollment system, works closely with BIDMC HR to resolve benefit issues and resolves benefits eligibility, participation and claim problems. Process enrollments and changes in Peoplesoft HRIS system. Assist in the development of written and online benefit communications.
- Partner with Practice Managers to improve performance solutions. Includes: Identification of potential performance-related problems; assists managers and principle investigators in problem resolution; conducts exit interviews, compiles data, identifies themes and provides feedback/suggestions to senior leaders; assists managers in determining performance measures and developing evaluation tools.
- Responsible for Leaves of Absence. Works closely with Managers, BIDMC HR, Liberty Mutual or other provider, and EOHS to ensure employees have proper documentation and return to work. Ensures compliance with FMLA and ADA.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Strong counseling, and coaching skills and demonstrated ability to diffuse difficult employee relations issues, generate options, and work collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrated ability to influence rather than prescribe solutions to problem situations. Ability to work in
high stress, crisis-orientated environment. Must have conflict resolution experience and skills.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.