Healthcare Data Analyst
Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare is a network of more than 100 highly-skilled primary care physicians and specialists who are affiliated with the renowned Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth. Our Central Office is located in Needham, MA.
Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 29846BR
Job Summary: Reporting to the Business Intelligence Manager, the Data Analyst will support analytics, and compile system and report design specifications to meet the primary care organization's needs. The Data Analyst will use analytical automation, SQL, CRM and reporting tools, like Tableau, to perform analysis to assess effectiveness of initiatives, measure performance and meet business owner's workflow and performance measurement needs. This position will support data governance functions, flexible reporting, and facilitate improved performance on key metrics. The Analyst will participate in team project management activities, database architecture, and addition of new data sources to the Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare (BIDHC) data warehouse.
- Extract, analyze and interpret health care data utilizing software (e.g. SQL Server Management Studio) for data analysis, extraction and manipulation.
- Perform analysis to assess effectiveness of initiatives and new products. Utilize analytical automation (e.g. scripting, macros) to produce timely and accurate ad hoc monthly and/or quarterly reporting to business owners.
- Gather business requirements from business owners and clinical leaders, build data visualizations and create reports (e.g. Tableau). This requires strong communication skills and anticipation of implications of the various data visualization options.
- Serve as subject matter expert on two or more data and business areas (e.g. SQL, analytics automation, addiction medicine, provider access, EMR reporting).
- Perform effective quality control review of all reports. Document data sources, processes and findings for end users..
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required in healthcare data analysis.
- Proficiency in SQL Server Management Studio / SQL.
- Experience with a data visualization solution.
- Proficiency in automated analytics (e.g. scripting, macros), using Excel
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Understanding of administrative claims data and experience with EHRs and clinical data. Experience with Tableau strongly preferred.
- Consulting experience or experience in a service-based role.
- Machine learning, natural language processing or artificial intelligence.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.