Executive Assistant to the President
Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Needham (BID–Needham) is a licensed 58–bed acute care hospital offering the same care as our direct affiliate Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) in your community.
This close affiliation with BIDMC, since 2000, has facilitated the clinical integration of staff and resources in emergency medicine, hospital medicine (hospitalists), cardiology, radiology, orthopaedics, general surgery, pathology and oncology. Physicians in Needham maintain very close relationships with the staff at BIDMC; so in cases where patients need to be transferred from Needham to Boston for more advanced care, there are systems in place to make that transition happen quickly.
Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 30941BR
Job Summary: Provides administrative support and coordinates day to day operations necessary for the smooth functioning of the office of the President of the Hospital, including scheduling meetings, preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, receiving and placing calls, maintaining files and performing special projects as assigned.
Working with the President and coordinating with the Chief Development and External Relations Officer, serves as liaison to Trustees, Medical Staff, various outside local, state and federal offices, and the public. Deals discreetly with sensitive and confidential data. Assures that all problems or matters of an unusual nature are referred to the President or appropriate persons in a timely manner.
- Arranges meetings and conference calls, schedules interviews and appointments and performs other duties related to maintaining President's personal schedule.
- Prepares and develops a variety of presentations, charts, and graphs, prioritizing assignments and obtaining assistance as necessary.
- Prepares and distributes weekly Operations meeting material including agenda, presentations, and material for approval. Develops agenda in consultation with President
- Plans and makes arrangements for various meetings, including Board meetings and Board committee meetings, by arranging for space, equipment, and refreshments/catering as required.
- Supports President with special projects, including serving as project manager and project leader as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Requires advanced interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, to interact effectively with senior management, executives, physician leaders, lay leaders, key donors, and officials of outside firms and agencies, as well as Trustees, members of the Board of Advisors and members of the community served by the Hospital.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Experience supporting high level executive in healthcare setting.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally