Department Description: The Radiology Department at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Needham (BID–Needham) offers a wide array of personalized services for our patients. We have short wait times and technologists whose top priority is accommodating you. As a community hospital, our staff offers a personal touch not always found at larger institutions. Our radiologists are members of the medical staff of the Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Needham and the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) in Boston.
Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 31485BR
Job Summary: Working under general Direction of the Senior Clinical Director , the Director of Radiology provides 24 hour operational accountability for the Department of Radiology. He/She possesses the knowledge of procedures and policies related to all of the imaging functions in the department of Radiology. He/She is responsible for the overall functions of the department, including both direct or delegated, development and implementation of procedures, care and maintenance of radiographic equipment, overall efficiency and productivity of the department, quality of work performed by clerical, technical and support staff, development of budget, and development of strategies and goals for Radiology growth. In accordance with hospital policies, he/she is responsible for hiring, scheduling, counseling and evaluating staff. He/She develops and evaluates specific activities and programs to insure patient / customer satisfaction and quality. Inherent in the role is active involvement and leadership in quality improvement activities to enhance patient care and improve service.
- Represents The Department of Radiology internally and externally. Represents radiology effectively when interacting with hospital departments and physicians. Re-evaluates plans, programs and activities to ensure optimal image quality and makes recommendations for change as needed.
- Recruits, hires, and retains talented staff. Interviews and hires staff based on human resources policies, appropriate experience, organizational fit, educational credentials, and flexibility in relation to the job requirement. Is able to assess candidate's service excellence skills.
- Articulates and embodies the mission, vision and values of the organization for staff and patients. Manages conflict by addressing it at the source and in a calm manner. Provides timely and direct constructive as well as positive feedback.
- Builds relationships that create a positive work environment. Identifies internal and external customers and takes responsibility to meet their needs by responding in a timely manner to identified concerns. Identifies areas for service improvement and implements systems/processes that promote seamless customer service and monitors their effectiveness.
- Prepares annual operating budget including salaries and wages, supplies and expenses, along with capital requests, within the timeframe allotted; insures budget compliance and where applicable provides variance explanations.
Insures that supplies are managed in a cost effective manner. Provides justification for capital budget items, including a ROI for each item requested.
- Has the authority to direct and support managers with functional area responsibilities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 4-6 Indirect Reports: 51-100
- Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing budgets for multiple departments.
- Vocational or Technical training in Radiologic Technology required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- License MARadTech-Radiography required., and Registration American Registry of Rad Tech preferred., and Certificate 1 Heartsaver Certificate (CPR) required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required in Radiology and 3-5 years supervisory/management experience required
- Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of own professional discipline.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a major department or multiple departments. Participates in decisions on overall strategy and direction of the organization.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are broad, complex and abstract, often involving Medical Center-wide issues and requiring substantial creativity, resourcefulness, staff engagement, Lean diagnostic techniques, negotiation and diplomacy to develop solutions.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set direction and vision for major departments or multiple departments. Establishes priorities, develops policies and allocates resources.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
- Team Work: Ability to lead and direct multiple collaborative teams for large projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have significant implications for the management and operations of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.