Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Needham (BID–Needham) is a licensed 58–bed acute care hospital offering the same care as our direct affiliate Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) in your community.
This close affiliation with BIDMC, since 2000, has facilitated the clinical integration of staff and resources in emergency medicine, hospital medicine (hospitalists), cardiology, radiology, orthopaedics, general surgery, pathology and oncology. Physicians in Needham maintain very close relationships with the staff at BIDMC; so in cases where patients need to be transferred from Needham to Boston for more advanced care, there are systems in place to make that transition happen quickly.
Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 31223BR
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Chef/General Manager, performs a variety of food service activities in the Food & Nutrition department. Responsible for sanitation of china, silverware, pots, equipment and floors in the department. Prepares/portions cold food for tray line and traveling meals. Works on tray line, assembles and delivers functions and par stocks to nourishment kitchens, receives and stores deliveries per department standards.
- Prepares cold food as assigned for patient line and traveling meals.
- Delivers and retrieves food carts/trays from patient units following all infection control guidelines
- Washes pot, pans and utensils according to departmental guidelines. Stores clean items in an organized and sanitary manner.
- Follows all food production standards out-lined in HAACP-Quality control program.
- Maintains the cleanliness of assigned work area per department standards, and performs cleaning activities as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Previous experience as dietary aide in healthcare setting preferred
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Written Communications:Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work:Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.