Dietary Aide (15hr, 6:00am-11:00am)
Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital−Needham (BID−Needham) is a licensed 58-bed acute care community hospital. BID−Needham has served residents in Needham, Newton, Dedham, Dover, Medfield, Sherborn, Wellesley, Westwood and other surrounding communities for more than 100 years. The hospital has been recognized by several organizations for quality and safety, including the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission and a first-place Accountable Care Compass Award from the Massachusetts Health & Hospital Association (MHA).
BID−Needham is part of Beth Israel Lahey Health, a new health care system that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, more than 4,000 physicians and 35,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care and advance the science and practice of medicine through groundbreaking research and education.
BID Needham has had a direct affiliation with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center since 2000, facilitating the clinical integration of staff and resources in emergency medicine, hospital medicine (hospitalists), cardiology, radiology, orthopedics, pathology, as well as many surgical services and oncology housed in the Beth Israel Deaconess Cancer Center and Surgical Pavilion.
Job Location: Neeedham, Massachusetts
Req ID: 42154BR
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Chef/General Manager, performs a variety of food service activities in the Food & Nutrition department. Responsible for sanitation of china, silverware, pots, equipment and floors in the department. Prepares/portions cold food for tray line and traveling meals. Works on tray line, assembles and delivers functions and par stocks to nourishment kitchens, receives and stores deliveries per department standards.
- Prepares cold food as assigned for patient line and traveling meals.
- Delivers and retrieves food carts/trays from patient units following all infection control guidelines
- Washes pot, pans and utensils according to departmental guidelines. Stores clean items in an organized and sanitary manner.
- Follows all food production standards out-lined in HAACP-Quality control program.
- Maintains the cleanliness of assigned work area per department standards, and performs cleaning activities as assigned.
- Some High School required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Previous experience as dietary aide in healthcare setting preferred
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.