CT Technologist (30hr, Evening)
Department Description: The Radiology Department at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham (BID Needham) offers a wide array of personalized services for our patients. We have short wait times and technologists whose top priority is accommodating you. As a community hospital, our staff offers a personal touch not always found at larger institutions. Our radiologists are members of the medical staff of the Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham and the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) in Boston.
Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 41603BR
Job Summary: Under the general direction of the Manager, performs a wide variety of specific and specialized duties and procedures to hospital in and outpatients in accordance with orders of physicians. Possesses the knowledge of procedures and policies related to the Radiology department, including specific knowledge of CT. Performs these duties using independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative. Assumes responsibility and quality of work in designated areas of procedures as required. This position requires a high level of technical and informatics knowledge and skill, and the ability to work in close cooperation with members of a team of physicians, nurses and other technical staff. The individual must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands and to seek managerial assistance as appropriate. Perform predominantly CT exams and floats to X-ray as needed.
- Follows departmental guidelines and protocols in performance of all procedures in diagnostic radiology and CT, to include all infection control policies.
- Follows departmental guidelines and protocols in scheduling and documentation of exams and maintaining accurate and complete records relative to the examinations performed.
- Performs quality control on all equipment according to standard procedures.
- Greets all patients by appropriate title, provides education appropriate to the exam and provides a complete medical record to the Radiologist.
- Prepares, administers & documents, all contrast material / injection information as required by policy.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- License American Registry of Rad Tech required., and Registration CT Registry required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- MA Licensed in Radiography and Computed Tomography.
- ARRT in Radiography.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- ARRT in Computed Tomography.
- Prior experience and knowledge with PACS and CR technology and minimum of 1 year experience in CT Scan.
- Experience with IV placement for contrast injections.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement