CPC Coder/Biller -Primary Care
Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare is a network of more than 100 highly-skilled primary care physicians and specialists who are affiliated with the renowned Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth. Our Central Office is located in Needham, MA.
Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 28561BR
Job Summary: Responsible for coordination of ambulatory/professional coding of a large physician practice. Acts as liaison between the Practice Manager(s), Physicians, and all areas of the Billing Department to ensure accurate and timely coding and reimbursement.
- Perform coding and related duties using established coding and billing policies in an accurate and timely manner.
- Interpret medical record data in order to process physician and/or facility charges.
- Assigns appropriate ICD-10CM, CPT-4 codes and modifiers based on documentation and payer requirements.
- Train staff and physicians when necessary to ensure all revenue/charges are captured at the time of service.
- Conduct periodic and focused chart audits and provide results/feedback to various parties.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- Certificate 1 Certified Professional Coder required.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 HCPCS coding systems, 3rd party payer requirements and federal and state guidelines and regulations pertaining to coding and billing practices.
- Three years of medical chart abstraction and coding experience or relevant work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.