Clinical Manager, Radiology
Department Description: The Radiology Department at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham (BID Needham) offers a wide array of personalized services for our patients. We have short wait times and technologists whose top priority is accommodating you. As a community hospital, our staff offers a personal touch not always found at larger institutions. Our radiologists are members of the medical staff of the Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham and the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) in Boston.
Job Location: Needham, Massachusetts
Req ID: 41868BR
Job Summary: In collaboration with the Director, is responsible for delegating, developing and implementing imaging procedures, and overall efficiency, productivity and quality of work performed. Collaborates with director in coordinating department activities including budget development, equipment quality control, ordering of supplies, and department performance improvement. Participates in hiring, scheduling and evaluating staff performance. Oversees efficiency, productivity and quality of work in the department. Provides supervision for all Radiology staff. Maintains interactive communication with patients and families and effectively addresses conflict and opportunities for improvement. Facilitates the flow of communication within in the hospital while managing the operations in a manner, which results in effective provision of care and/or services.
- Serves as mentor and resource in problem solving in the department.
- Develops and maintains protocols in Radiology and CT in collaboration with Radiologist.
- Schedules PM and Physicist testing for all Radiology and CT equipment
- Provides direction to staff relative to their responsibilities during assigned shifts.
- Works to improve work flow and growth in the department.
- In collaboration with director, prepares and ensures department meets all applicable State and Federal regulatory requirements.
- Participates in evaluating new equipment purchase and service contract negotiation.
- Assists in the development, interpretation, and implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Re-evaluates plans, programs and activities to ensure optimal quality and makes recommendations for change.
- Interviews, hires, coaches and counsels staff evaluates staff.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has authority to undertake or recommend the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: None Indirect Reports: 21-50
- Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
- Vocational or Technical training in Radiology required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- License MARadTech-Radiography required., or Registration MA Rad Tech-Compted Tomography required., and Certificate 1 American Registry of Rad Tech required., and Certificate 2 Basic Life Support required., and ARRT in (R)(CT)
- 3-5 years related work experience required in X-ray and CT; and 0-1 years supervisory/management experience required
- Possesses knowledge of Radiology Information Systems and PACS.
- Possesses the knowledge of procedures and policies related to Radiology.
- If not certified at time of hire, ARRT in Radiology and CT, must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.