Chief Information Officer, Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare
Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare is a network of more than 100 highly-skilled primary care physicians and specialists who are affiliated with the renowned Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth. Our Central Office is located in Needham, MA.
Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 24238BR
Job Summary: The Chief Information Officer for Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare (BIDHC) will provide vision and leadership in the development and implementation of Information Systems and Technology for BIDHC. Additionally, the CIO will support both local and corporate clinical and business operations while working to achieve efficiencies and cost beneficial enterprise-wide IT operations.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a data infrastructure that will enable BIDHC to manage the multiple, complex data needs critical to meeting all business objectives.
- Provide strategic & tactical planning, development, evaluation, & coordination of information & technology systems. Provide guidance & oversight for all technology purchases in depts/locations. Planning includes existing system operations and development and execution of future health care industry strategies (Patient Centered Medical Home, clinician mobility, data analytic, healthcare exchange)
- Lead all aspects of the physician EMR strategy including current and/or planned implementation. Additionally, corresponding efforts related to physician office infrastructure and dependencies to be evaluated and assessed.
- Facilitate communication between community staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources with BIDMC Information Systems and vendors.
- Responsible for the management of multiple information and communications systems and projects, including voice, data, and office automation at offsite locations. Includes desktop and mobile operations within the clinical office space and administrative offices.
- Has the authority to direct and support managers with functional area responsibilities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 2-3 Indirect Reports: 6-10
- Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing budgets for multiple departments.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- 8-10 years related work experience required and 3-5 years supervisory/management experience required
- Experience with healthcare specific interoperability technologies and best practices.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Experience with Health Information Technologies and health driven data analytics.
- Experience with value based care payment models and risk contracting arrangements.
- Experience with Population Health and / OR experience in a healthcare environment.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a major department or multiple departments. Participates in decisions on overall strategy and direction of the organization.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are broad, complex and abstract, often involving Medical Center-wide issues and requiring substantial creativity, resourcefulness, staff engagement, Lean diagnostic techniques, negotiation and diplomacy to develop solutions.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set direction and vision for major departments or multiple departments. Establishes priorities, develops policies and allocates resources.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
- Team Work: Ability to lead and direct multiple collaborative teams for large projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have significant implications for the management and operations of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.