Accounts Payable Clerk - 2+ years of Accounting/AP experience preferred
Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare is a network of more than 100 highly-skilled primary care physicians and specialists who are affiliated with the renowned Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth. Our Central Office is located in Needham, MA.
Job Location: Needham, Massachusetts
Req ID: 44381BR
Job Summary: This position assists the Accounting Manager and AP Specialist in all facets of Accounts Payable including invoice entry, electronic invoicing and payment, system maintenance, check production, statement reconciliation and year end reporting.
- Responds to Vendor Inquiries by researching invoices in question, and provides appropriate responses to hospital management and vendors as appropriate.
- Inputs invoices and uploads e-invoicing onto Accounts Payable system, noting where invoices do not match P.O. prices or receiving quantities for follow up with appropriate hospital staff.
- Directed by AP Specialist,ensures that all invoice issues are resolved on a timely basis.
- Supports mailing of accounts payable checks weekly, including envelope stuffing and filing of supporting information.
- Works on special projects as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
- Helps to develop the list of invoices to be accrued at period end for general ledger purposes. Invoices to be accrued are those whose expense relates to recently closed period but which have not as yet been entered into the Accounts Payable system.
- Supports AP Specialist in preparation of bank deposits.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic Office Skills including data entry and adding machine proficiency.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Business office or clerical experience
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.