Department: Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Methuen Primary Care
At Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center our nurses make a difference each and every day. Here you will work in a collaborative environment where our patients come first. You are a patient advocate delivering compassionate care while ensuring safe nursing practices. We are Harvard with a heart and strive to build on our legacy of nursing excellence.
- Part Time
- Level: 1 + Years
- RN License
nurses at BIDMC, ensuring
every patient receives
of our nurses have a
or doctorate degree
dollars in scholarships awarded annually for
Health and Wellness Programs
$5 Red Sox Tickets
Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Methuen Primary Care provides personalized, comprehensive care for patients of all ages.
Job Location: Methuen, MA
Req ID: 38236BR
Job Summary: Provides direct patient care relative to physical diagnosis and therapeutic management independently, using physician consultation where appropriate.
- Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the plan of care for a panel of patients. Evaluates individual health care status of patients, including eliciting a patient history, performance of physical examination, ordering of screening and diagnostic tests, risk assessment and interprets this information to establish a diagnosis.
- Develops and implements a plan of care, including treatments, medications and the like within defined guidelines for practice. Provides care to the patient in a manner that incorporates the principles of patient satisfaction and delivery of cost effective care. Participates in the development and evaluation of practice guidelines.
- Monitors the individual's response to therapy and revises the plan, as indicated, with particular attention to education and counseling and encouragement of self-care. Provides ongoing individualized patient orientation to APG/BIDCO. Seeks consultation from the consulting physician and other members of the healthcare team. Makes appropriate referrals as indicated by patient needs.
- Identifies learning needs of patients and staff and collaborates with other leaders to determine priorities for educational programs. Participates in interdisciplinary education programs of the practice and provides clinical precepting for nursing students, nurse practitioner students, medical students and others. Provides leadership that supports APG, BIDHC practice policies and goals.
- Master's degree in Nursing required.
- License Nursing License required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Valid prescriptive authority from both the MA DPH-DCP and Federal DEA
- MA Board authorization to practice as an APRN NRSG
- American Heart Association-Basic Life Support Certificate
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Related primary care practice expertise.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Let me just give you a quick overview of why it's different here. You'll be heard, respected, valued. Your ideas will be sought, your input welcomed. There's a real commitment to keeping it collegial and collaborative.-Marsha M., RN, MS, Senior Vice President, Patient Care Services CNO