Department Description: Seeking Per Diem coverage, weekday shifts, as needed basis. Busy outpatient radiology department located in Lexington Mass. Radiology department supports Beth Israel Deaconess and Boston Children's Hospital patients. Large Orthopedic practices in house. CR and DR imaging equipment. Two separate PACS systems. All exams are read remotely. Seeking Weekday coverage, Monday-Friday from 8:00am - 5:30pm. No weekends, No holidays Free parking on site available.
Job Location: Lexington, MA
Req ID: 31608BR
Job Summary: Performs a wide range of radiology exams and procedures. This position meets the scope of practice as defined by the ASRT practice standard guidelines.
- Prepares and positions patients for diagnostic exams of various parts of the body which includes setting up equipment and patient in relation to each other to provide best demonstration of body part under study. Enters instructions into computers,monitors and evaluates images for accuracy and completeness of order. Makes necessary adjustments when judged to be necessary.
- Evaluates radiographs for image quality and completeness.
- Responds to patient's physical and psychological needs. Explains all procedures in a clear and concise manner without causing unnecessary anxiety. Uses Proper Hand Hygiene before and after patient contact. Observes patient's condition and reports any change to nurse or physician.
- Vocational or Technical training in Medical Radiography required. Associate's degree in Medical Radiography preferred.
- License MARadTech-Radiography required., and Registration American Registry of Rad Tech required., and Certificate 1 Radiology MA Temp License required., and Certificate 2 Basic Life Support required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- New hires will have 30 days to provide BLS certification. Certification has to be with the American Heart Association (AHA).
- New graduates will have 1 year from graduation to provide ARRT registration.
- Must acquire permanent Massachusetts Radiologic Technologist License after ARRT registration
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.