Train 4 Change Program Trainee
Department Description: Train 4 Change Program Trainee is a per diem position at Bowdoin Street Health Center in Dorchester.
Job Location: Dorchester, MA
Req ID: 28671BR
Job Summary: The Train 4 Change Program Trainee participates in a workforce development program that potentially enables one to build a career in a leadership role as a health and fitness professional for Bowdoin Street Wellness Center. Learns to provide health education and improve access to physical activity for members of the Bowdoin Geneva community and Bowdoin Street Health Center patients.
- Commit to regular training as scheduled at Bowdoin Street Health Center and to the frequency of additional programming components such as externships.
- Maintain regular communication with program team members and program instructor.
- Work and study both independently and as part of a team to prepare for the AFAA certification exam.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Able to commit to regular weekly evening meetings for approximately 4-5 months.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.