Department Description: Seeking Part-Time X-Ray Tech (Diagnostic Tech) for 26-hours per week. Schedule will be 8-hours on Saturday and 8-hours on Sunday and a 10-hour shift during the week (exact day is TBD). Part-Time Benefits.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is opening a NEW Advanced Urgent Care Service in Dedham staffed by board certified Emergency Medicine Physicians. This new service to the community will offer onsite Radiology including diagnostic X-ray and ultrasound. There is also a moderate complexity point of care on site.
The Advanced Urgent Care Center’s hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 9:00am – 7:00 pm and Saturday and Sunday 9:00am - 5:00pm.
All patients, ages (2) and above are welcomed to the NEW Advanced Urgent Care Service.
Job Location: Dedham, MA
Req ID: 34907BR
Job Summary: Performs a wide range of radiology exams and procedures. This position meets the scope of practice as defined by the ASRT practice standard guidelines.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Assist with regular rounding on all patients following department process. Communicates with patients on any unexpected delays.
- Provide point of care testing according to lab protocols and quality standards as needed.
- May assist with maintaining supply inventory to support daily operations. Assist with stocking medical, surgical supplies, linen, and other supplies required in the urgent care setting.
- Prepares and positions patients for diagnostic exams of various parts of the body which includes setting up equipment and patient in relation to each other to provide best demonstration of body part under study. Enters instructions into computers,monitors and evaluates images for accuracy and completeness of order. Makes necessary adjustments when judged to be necessary.
- Evaluates radiographs for image quality and completeness.
- Responds to patient's physical and psychological needs. Explains all procedures in a clear and concise manner without causing unnecessary anxiety. Uses Proper Hand Hygiene before and after patient contact. Observes patient's condition and reports any change to nurse or physician.
- Vocational or Technical training in Medical Radiography required. Associate's degree in Medical Radiography preferred.
- License MARadTech-Radiography required., and Registration American Registry of Rad Tech required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- New hires will have 30 days to provide BLS certification. Certification has to be with the American Heart Association (AHA).
- New graduates may have Temp MA Rad Tech License and ARRT eligible 1 year from graduation.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.