Practice Customer Service Rep-ENT Practice
Department Description: We provide full service Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose and Throat) and Audiology at our offices in Chestnut Hill, MA. We are staffed by board-certified physicians and surgeons who can address all your diagnostic and therapeutic treatment regarding the head and neck, ear nose and throat. We also provide care for our patients at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
Job Location: Chestnut Hill, MA
Req ID: 38139BR
Job Summary: Serves as a primary point of contact for patients in a medical practice and provides excellent customer service through clear communication. Reports to the Practice Manager with input from assigned physicians, nurses and other health care providers.
- Answers and processes telephone calls in a polite and courteous manner when dealing with all incoming calls to the Phone Room. Provides accurate information, directions and/or guidance and follows up promptly to ensure that needs have been met.
- Takes complete and accurate information from patients/callers, prioritizing and facilitating communication of information to providers. Prepares schedules and other documents as needed in accordance with quality standards. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times, whether by phone, discussion with providers or distribution of patient information by Email, fax, etc.
- Schedules, reschedules and confirms patient appointments via telephone.
- Schedules related diagnostic and/or lab tests making every reasonable effort to accommodate patient and provider needs. Inputs patient insurance and managed care plans, including prior authorizations, referrals, and pre-certifications. Explains processes as needed to help patients meet their needs and insurance requirements.
- Performs occasional check in, registration, and verification of demographic and fiscal information utilizing a computer system. Collects copayments following standards for managing copayment processing. Directs patients as needed to next service area upon check in. Acts as liaison between patient and practice staff to ensure optimal flow and service delivery.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- Certificate 1 preferred: Medical Admin Assistant Cert
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- One year experience in a healthcare or service/hospitality environment.
- Written Communications:Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications:Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work:Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.