Practice Assistant - Hearing Center at ENT Practice
Department Description: Schedule: Full Time - Mon-Fri 8-5PM - 40 Hours
We provide full service Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose and Throat) and Audiology at our offices in Chestnut Hill, MA. We are staffed by board-certified physicians and surgeons who can address all your diagnostic and therapeutic treatment regarding the head and neck, ear nose and throat. We also provide care for our patients at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
Job Location: Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
Req ID: 43566BR
Job Summary: The Practice Assistant-Hearing Center reports to the Audiology Director. This position provides technical and administrative support to the clinical audiology staff and their patients. This position involves extensive interaction with the public, patients and medical staff. This is an entry level position with the opportunity for growth.
- The Practice Assistant-Hearing Center will assist in the delivery of patient care as instructed by the supervising Audiologist.
- Manage inventory of supplies and clinic devices. Order, receive and prepare hearing aids and related technologies for patient use. Perform data entry of billing and hearing aid inventory.
- Greets patients and visitors in a manner that demonstrates courtesy, service, respect and privacy. Serves as a central communication source in the delivery of patient care by being responsive, accessible and visible. Provides accurate information, directions and/or guidance and follows up promptly to ensure that needs have been met.
- Appointment scheduling, data entry, chart preparation, scanning and other clerical duties as necessary.
- Assist in patient test preparation and assist Audiologists in administration of various testing.
- Maintains clean and welcoming physical environment of the reception area. Maintains signage and clarity of information displayed in reception area. Monitors audio or visual images for appropriate programming and volume levels to ensure a non-intrusive and calming environment. Contacts the appropriate departments when repairs or services are needed and follows through on these tasks.
- The Practice Assistant-Hearing Center ensures that PHI (Patient Health Information) will only be used for the purposes of patient TPO (treatment, payment and operations). PHI is only shared with individuals who are actively managing the patient's care. NO other parties are entitled to receive, discuss a patient's personal health information without the patient's permission.
- The Practice Assistant-Hearing Center will ensure patient safety practices to prevent/eliminate risk of patient harm. Adverse patient events and near misses will be promptly reported to the BIDHC Risk Management Dept.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree in Communication Disorders preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required in Administrative office experience.
- Experience with patient care and/or hearing aids.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.