Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Chestnut Hill offers urgent care, primary care and a variety of outpatient services.
Located in Chestnut Hill Square on Route 9, BIDHC-Chestnut Hill brings advanced care to an easy-to-reach location with plenty of free parking and many of the same caregivers you know and trust from BIDMC in Boston.
JOB SPECIFIC DETAILS:
- Per Diem
- Day Shift, 07:30AM-04:00PM or 08:00AM-04:30PM EST
Job Location: Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
Req ID: 44687BR
Job Summary: Phlebotomists performs phlebotomy services on all patients at BIDMC. This person obtains patient identification and maintains vein preservation and specimen labeling procedures. A Phlebotomist transports routine and STAT specimens to appropriate laboratories.
- Perform venipunctures, including blood culture collection, and fingersticks ensuring proper ID/labeling of specimens and using vein preservation techniques.
- Perform and report bleeding times according to standard operating procedures.
- Ensure adequate stocking of supplies and report needs to phlebotomy leaders.
- Transports specimen from site of collection to site of testing.
- Participates in laboratory programs for QA, competency, mandatory training and continuing education.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- Registration preferred: ASCP Registered,Certificate 1 preferred: NCA Certification
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.