Administrative Assistant I - bonus eligible
Department Description: Sign on Bonus Eligible for $1,000; to paid out within 30 days of hire (Internal candidates-Some restrictions may apply).
Hours = 8:45am - 5:15pm, Monday-Friday, Full-Time (with Benefits). Seeking administrative support in a busy Dermatology clinic located in Chestnut Hill at 25 Boylston Street. There is free on-site parking for employees.
Job Location: Chestnut Hill, MA
Req ID: 32327BR
Job Summary: Provides basic clerical and administrative support for a department. Interacts with diverse populations including the public, visitors, patients, medical staff practitioners and medical center staff.
- Answers telephones and/or greets visitors/patients. Takes accurate messages or routes call to appropriate person. Provides routine services and assistance as necessary.
- Collects, compiles and disseminates information and/or data according to guidelines and established procedures.
Compiles and distributes routine reports following established procedures.
- Performs routine clerical duties, such as opening and sorting mail, delivering and retrieving patient records, photocopying materials and sorting, collating and distributing documents.
- Organizes and files information, patient files, data, etc. following established procedures.
- Types routine or standardized correspondence and forms as requested and in accordance to quality standards. Routes documents for signatures or authorizations. Enters specified data or information into hospital or department systems, databases or spreadsheets accurately.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Written Communications:Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications:Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work:Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service:Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.