Urgent Care Technician
Department Description: Fast-paced Urgent Care clinic at Chestnut Hill seeking seasoned Urgent Care Technician to support the unit.
Hours are full-time (with benefits based on 36 hours per week. Schedule will be 3:12 hour shifts, 3 weekday shifts - will include either a Monday or Friday.
Job Location: Chestnut Hill, MA
Req ID: 38359BR
Job Summary: Performs multiple clinical and practice support responsibilities in coordination with a team of healthcare providers to expedite the flow of patients in an urgent care setting and provides the best experience and care for patients.
- Prioritizes and completes responsibilities delegated by nurses and physicians. Maintains a calm and professional demeanor while working in a fast pace, highly demanding environment. Demonstrates effective problem solving skills, strong communication skills, act as a positive member of the care team, display a commitment to providing outstanding customer service and attention to detail.
- Performs a variety of patient care duties including but not limited to EKGs, vital signs, wound care, splinting, crutch walking, and assisting patients in activities of daily living. Assists providers in the delivery of care and assists patients who have physical and psychological limitation
- Performs phlebotomy, specimen collection and point of care lab testing according to lab protocols and quality control standards. Communicates results to the appropriate staff and documents results in the medical record in a timely manner.
- Maintains supply inventory needed to maintain daily operations. Stocks medical and surgical and office supplies, along with linen and other supplies required in the department. Ensures used equipment is cleaned by appropriate process and is ready for the next patient.
- Completes regular rounding on all patients following department process. Communicates with patients on any unexpected delays. Performs additional functions as needed and under the direction of clinic leadership to provide an optimal and efficient patient care setting.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- EMT, Paramedic, Certified Nursing Assistant or Medical Assistant training. Emergency Department experience.
- Urgent Care or Emergency Department experience.
- Nursing student with completion of one clinical rotation or other direct patient care experience.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Very Heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force continually. Employee is physically active in all elements of the job.