Department Description: Hours - Part-Time (with Benefits) Monday 11-730pm Weds 11-730pm Thursday 11-730pm.
Outpatient facility in Chelsea. Position supports busy OB/GYN , Adult Medicine and Urgent Care practices. Philips IU22 with remote interpretation. McKesson PACS.
Job Location: Chelsea, MA
Req ID: 31195BR
Job Summary: Performs a wide range of Ultrasound procedures including abdominal, obstetrical, gynecological and some vascular exams. Interacts daily with patients and other medical personnel.
- Reviews charts, selects appropriate equipment and transducers for tests as ordered. Interviews patients, obtains necessary information, explains procedures, allays apprehensions and positions patient appropriately. Assists physicians during sterile invasive procedures, i.e. amniocenteses, cyst punctures, thoracenteses, biopsies, etc.
- Records images on PACS, and provides images on film and paper when needed. Provides preliminary interpretation in daily logbook and may convey preliminary interpretation to requesting physician after discussion with radiologist. Views screen, detects pathology/other factors (f/u, change of shape, etc.). Determines images appropriate for diagnostic purpose.
- Assists the work of other divisions during procedures. Performs functions in areas outside the Ultrasound Suite, including O.R., intensive care units, Emergency Department, and nursing floors using portable ultrasound equipment.
- Shares on-call duties (24 hour coverage) with fellow sonographers only after reaching a minimum required expertise as judged by the Ultrasound Manager and physician in charge of Ultrasound.
- Assists in training of residents, staff and student sonographers. Performs routine clerical duties, answers phones, schedules patients, order supplies, distributes results, keeps work area clean, and makes entries in computer.
- Vocational or Technical training in Diagnostic Medical Sonography required. Associate's degree in Ultrasound preferred.
- Registration AR Diagnostic Medical Sonograp required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- New hires will have 30 days to provide BLS certification through the American Heart Association.
- ARDMS certification in Abdominal and/or OB/GYN specialties.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Very Heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force continually. Employee is physically active in all elements of the job.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.