Executive Assistant for the Executive VP, Hospital & Ambulatory Services
Department Description: This role will be providing executive level support to the Executive Vice President for Hospital and Ambulatory Services for Beth Israel Lahey Health.
Beth Israel Lahey Health (BILH) is a new health care system that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, and more. We are made up of more than 4,000 physicians — including 850 primary care physicians, 9,000 nurses and nearly 35,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care and advance the science and practice of medicine through groundbreaking research and education.
Together, we share a commitment to delivering the very best care in every community we serve. Because when a community gets healthier, people do too.
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Req ID: 31276BR
Job Summary: Provides executive level support to the Executive Vice President, Hospital and Ambulatory Services for Beth Israel Lahey Health. Responsible for all aspects of the EVP's administrative operations, including managing travel arrangements, coordinating schedules and meetings, coordinating executive correspondence as well as communicating with board members, administrative and clinical leadership, donors, medical providers, field leaders and other stakeholders. Performs complex administrative duties in preparation and completion of fiscal and administrative projects. Duties include preparation of spreadsheets, charts, presentation materials, conducting online and other types of research.
- Provides executive administrative support to the EVP, including, but not limited to: scheduling meetings, following up on meeting-generated tasks, preparing documents and presentation slides. Handles telephone calls in a professional, courteous speaking manner, and initiates appropriate disposition.
- Represents the BILH system to internal and external constituents. Answers policy and informational questions and determines appropriate course of action for sensitive issues and matters of significance that have system-wide visibility. Establishes and maintains influential and strategic relationships at all levels of the system.
- Creates Word documents/correspondence, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, and Access databases. Composes high level correspondence and memoranda independently and with professional quality. Edits and proofreads all written materials and verifies the validity of data and documents contained in all reports prior to submission.
- Deals discreetly with highly sensitive, confidential written, electronic, and oral communications concerning staff, department, and system matters. Maintains confidential materials related to personnel issues, patients and study subjects according to system standards and in compliance with HIPPA regulations and requirements.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates meetings or special events, including reserving conference rooms, sending and tracking invitations, procuring food and beverage and ensuring vendor payment.
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.