Treasury Manager, Cash and Commercial Banking
Department Description: Seeking a Manager for Treasury, to support cash management throughout the Beth Israel Lahey Health system. The Finance office is located in Burlington, MA.
Job Location: Burlington, MA
Req ID: 40805BR
Job Summary: Reporting to the Assistant Treasurer for Beth Israel Lahey Health (BILH), the Treasury Manager, Cash and Commercial Banking will take a lead role in managing the cash and daily liquidity for BILH and its affiliates. In this position, the Treasury Manager will be responsible for the entire treasury operations and systems, banking structure and administration, bank relationship management, liquidity, cash management and cash flow forecasting. In this capacity, he/she will work cross-functionally with the Business Units and the Shared Service areas ensuring governance and best in class processes for managing BILH`s financial assets.
- Develop the corporate cash positioning and forecasting model in partnership with Business Units to achieve forecasting synergies and standardized processes across the organization.
- Lead BILH`s cash function, including cash concentration and the design of pooling structures to streamline and simplify the funds flows and the execution of the system`s liquidity strategy.
- Lead process improvement initiatives to enhance cash management activities, to leverage the dynamic around liquidity management, positioning and forecasting.
- Develop liquidity metrics and related reporting to support operating cash needs, financing and investing decisions.
- Redesign of bank structures focused on efficiency improvement, harmonization of treasury operations and reduction on bank fees.
- Lead cross-functional projects with Accounting and IT to optimize key internal processes involving bank products and services.
- Support ERP implementation from a Banking and Settlement perspective.
- Lead the implementation of a new banking platform.
- Recommend and participate in the implementation of new banking services and products.
- Establish a cash-pooling structure to integrate BILH's affiliates to the Central Treasury Office; Provide leadership to implement value added cash optimization strategies; Responsible for bank relationship and other financial partnerships.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has authority to undertake or recommend the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: None Indirect Reports: None
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- More than 10 years related work experience required in corporate Treasury or Finance and 0-1 years supervisory/management experience required
- Knowledge of Treasury/Banking principles, products, services, and terminology.
- Strong cash operations and cash forecasting/modeling skills. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong process and analytical skills with proven ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP)
- Proficiency with computer platforms and applications.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.