Support Services System Administrator - IAM
Department Description: Information Technology (IT) has undertaken a multi-year effort to harmonize IT systems across Beth Israel Lahey Health. IT staff members may have the opportunity to participate in special projects that span Beth Israel Lahey Health as part of this harmonization effort. This position may be assigned to work on special projects, and other job duties, as needed.
Job Location: Burlington, Massachusetts
Req ID: 45621BR
Job Summary: Responsible for delivering world class End User system administration support services across all BILH entities and its affiliates. Using the Information Technology Service Management suite provided, this position is responsible for all aspects of system administration requests for functional area and related systems. The System Administrator interacts with all levels of BILH colleagues and thus must have superior customer relations and communications skills. This individual must be highly skilled in both customer service and various information technology areas. The ability to empathize with customer incidents and communicate technical issues in plain English is critical.
The position requires an attitude of constant learning, curiosity, helpful engagement with clients and colleagues, and being invested in the success of the group and its services. The ability to find answers from documented solutions and research technical issues to resolution is critical.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of identity access administration requests. Collaborates with others in the Identity and Security teams to establish standard operations, new capabilities, as well as provide input on developing access standards and reference frameworks related to Identity Access Management
- Daily tasks involve: IT onboarding/offboarding and maintaining security permissions, performing administration and maintenance of identity solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to administer on all systems such as Active Directory, Office365 and various EHR and other clinical systems. Gains proficiency in identifying and responding accurately to system account issues related to profiles, group policies and local system configurations.
- Responsible for Level 1 admin providing basic to intermediate account administration. Exceeds end user expectations by meeting established SLA's and customer demands. Drives high customer satisfaction and ensures services align with BILH needs.
- Acquires and maintains professional knowledge and skills by participating in training, in-service programs, vendor seminars, etc. to maintain a high level of technical skills. Participates in cross-training, may train other colleagues and acts as an escalation point for the Service Desk and Field Support
- Acquires an understanding of BILH centric clinical and core applications with skill/ability to troubleshoot and resolve performance, access and interoperability issues. Possess the ability to perform assessments and diagnosis of problems using remote tools, with skill/ability to perform fixes.
- Acquires an understanding of best practices in regards to BILH and departmental policies and procedures.
- May contribute to the creation of processes and procedures within our knowledge base. Will work closely with teams to develop standardized workflows.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required in 2 plus years of Service Desk and/or identity Access Administration in a large enterprise of end users in a complex MS Windows / MS Office environment..
- Knowledge of various Operating systems (OS) including but not limited to Windows 10 and MAC OS is required
Knowledge of various mobile devices is required, including but not limited to: iOS and Android platforms is required.
Knowledge of Network fundamentals is required.
- Solid experience of Citrix Systems application is required.
Solid experience with Microsoft infrastructure (Windows, Active Directory, Exchange, etc.) is required.
Solid experience of Microsoft O365 applications is required.
- May produce complex documents, perform analysis, and maintain databases. Ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge of a wide variety of systems. Knowledge and experience with ITSM systems such as Service Now or Remedy
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Knowledge of Dell, Apple, HP and Ricoh hardware is desirable.
- Knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft and Workday application is desirable.
- Knowledge of the Epic application is desirable.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.