Developer, Business Intelligence
Department Description: This role is providing support and direction on the Beth Israel Lahey Health Strategic Planning and Business Development team.
Job Location: Burlington, Massachusetts
Req ID: 42490BR
Job Summary: The department of Market Analytics & Intelligence (MA&I) is market focused and project-oriented in support of BILH, including academic medical center, teaching and community hospitals, quaternary, tertiary and community acute care; continuing care; behavioral health; and provider development. MA&I is fully integrated with the Office of the Chief Strategy Officer and provides critical project based analytical support to business development, strategic planning, network development, and physician outreach.
Reporting to the Manager of Business Intelligence, MA&I for BILH within the Office of the Chief Strategy Officer, the Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for identifying, designing and developing MS SQL databases and database objects, stored procedures, user defined functions, ETL packages and or Power BI reports. The BI Developer will be responsible for analyzing source data against business requirements, then designing, developing and implementing highly efficient, highly scalable ETL processes with quality control and data governance as a central theme to all work. Gather and define analytics requirements and configure them in Power BI or other reporting solutions.
- Provides analytics and reporting services for critical BILH and member/non-member institutions business development and strategic planning. Identifies opportunities and continuously enhances reporting to meet organizational needs.
- Assists in implementing and supporting MA&I current and future database models and data warehousing projects in a Microsoft environment using SQL Server technologies, and new technologies adopted by BILH.
- Creates standard reporting and data visualizations and dashboards using Power BI.
- Assists in creating database structures, procedures, triggers and appropriate indexing methods to optimize data storage and retrieval processes.
- Creates and modifies existing databases and database objects according to specifications as well as the needs of the organization.
- Performs thorough testing on all database objects and data queries to ensure results meet designed specification.
- Import and export data within MS Excel. Monitors SSIS packages and ETL processes to ensure consistent operation and efficiency.
- Utilizes existing and new data sources to provide technical and analytical services of a complex and varied nature in response to the needs of internal and external customers.
- Works collaboratively and in partnership with other key departments across BILH including but not limited to IT, Performance Network, Integration Management Office, Finance etc.
- Provides assistance to others in topics related to data management. Maintain dimensional tables as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- 3 years SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) work experience. 2-3 years experience with Power BI
- Required experience using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and with ETL/SSIS packages as well as experience with data marts and data warehouses design and development.
- Required experience writing T-SQL codes and stored procedures. Required experience and demonstrated analytical, financial, qualitative and quantitative skills.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.