Developer, Business Intelligence
Department Description: This role is providing support and direction on the Beth Israel Lahey Health Strategic Planning and Business Development team.
This is a hybrid position, both remote and onsite as needed.
Job Location: Burlington, Massachusetts
Req ID: 42490BR
Job Summary: The department of Market Analytics & Intelligence (MA&I) is market focused and project-oriented in support of BILH, including academic medical center, teaching and community hospitals, quaternary, tertiary and community acute care; continuing care; behavioral health; and provider development. MA&I is fully integrated with the Office of the Chief Strategy Officer and provides critical project based analytical support to business development, strategic planning, network development, and physician outreach. Reporting to the Manager of Business Intelligence, MA&I for BILH within the Office of the Chief Strategy Officer, the Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for identifying, designing and developing MS SQL databases and database objects, stored procedures, user defined functions, ETL packages and/or Power BI reports. The BI Developer will be responsible for analyzing disparate data sources against business requirements, then designing, developing and implementing highly efficient, highly scalable data assets with quality control and daAta governance as a central theme to all work.
- Design, develop and support SQL Server Databases for complex business processes. (essential)
- Develop and maintain SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, functions, and appropriate indexing methods to optimize data storage to implement business logic. (essential)
- Create data visualizations as reports and /or dashboards using Power BI. (essential)
- Develop reliable, scalable data ingestion strategies and ETL processes using SSIS or other technologies adapted by organization in future. (essential)
- Assist in implementing and supporting MA&I current and future database models and data warehousing projects in a Microsoft environment using SQL Server technologies, and new technologies adopted by BILH. (essential)
- Assist in devising a data validation strategy and help perform thorough testing on all database objects and data queries to ensure meeting requirements and data accuracy. (essential)
- Assist build documentation to ensure metadata management and data dictionaries as needed. (essential)
- Works collaboratively and in partnership with other key departments across BILH including but not limited to IT, Performance Network, Integration Management Office, Finance etc. (essential)
- Utilizes existing and new data sources to provide technical and analytical services of a complex and varied nature in response to the needs of internal and external customers. (essential)
- Any other additional functions as assigned to meet the department or organization goals. (essential)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent MIS field required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required in SQL Server Database Development required which includes experience using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), writing T-SQL queries and stored procedures and other related tasks.
- 3-5 years SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) work experience. 2-3 years of experience with Power BI or Tableau or any other similar reporting tool.
- Some experience with data marts and data warehouses design and development is nice to have. Some experience using Python, R or any other statistical tool for forecasting models is nice to have.
- Experience with healthcare data or market analytics data is a huge plus.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Experience with data marts and data warehouses design and development.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.