Medical Records Representative
Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Washington Square Group provides personalized, comprehensive care for patients aged 18 and older.
Job Location: Brookline, MA
Req ID: 40412BR
Job Summary: The Medical Records Representative is responsible for maintaining all of the patient paper records and charts for the medical practice.
- Sets up new medical records. Creates folder for new patients according to established procedures. Maintains patient medical records. Files documents pertaining to patient's medical records, photocopies as needed and makes recommendations regarding filing procedures. Files loose documents into the medical record.
- Check mailbox daily for medical record requests, take calls and answer questions related to requests. Record medical record requests into log when complete and contact patient for records pick up.
- Maintain medical records inventory and supplies and keep file room neat and in order.
- Serves as a role model/mentor, providing support, training and sharing medical records knowledge with other staff in the practice. Oversees the work of students. Collaborates with team; solicits thoughts and ideas from others. Makes recommendations on how resources can be used differently and more effectively.
- Processes medical record releases and prepares files for patient visits. Analyzes the medical record for completeness. Copies and faxes related medical documents according to the patient's written request and authorization. Secures the patient's authorization prior to sending any documents. Mails records to the appropriate department/facility.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Previous experience in an office environment.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.