Web Application Architect
Department Description: This is a per diem opportunity, working with the BIDMC Anesthesia team.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 39321BR
Job Summary: Designs, develops, debugs, tests, and implements mid to large size web based applications using .NET and other state of the art technologies in order to support and streamline data management and workflow processes for business and operations.
- Architects, builds, and maintains efficient, reusable, and reliable code using MS .NET for the support and enhancement of new and existing departmental applications.
- Breaks down complex systems into smaller components and mentors team of software engineers to design and develop these components using new technology.
- Provides ongoing project status updates to stakeholders and manager. Takes ownership of assigned project and delegates tasks as necessary.
- Functions as team lead for application development projects. Mentors and supervises junior level developers. Breaks down complex systems into smaller components and coaches/leads a team of software engineers to design and develop these components.
- Designs and builds backend data structures for the purpose of data capture and reporting.
- Functions both as an individual contributor and team player within the department and the hospital community at large. In particular, participates in multidisciplinary project teams.
- Collaborates with IS and other Medical Center staff to analyze current state, define requirements, re-engineer processes and estimate timelines in conjunction with management.
- Demonstrates good judgment in escalation of issues in addition to providing ongoing project status updates and feedback to managers. Takes ownership of issues escalated by others.
- Designs (both data structures and routines), develops, debugs, tests, and implements medium to large clinical systems built to address customer needs.
- Remains current with programming language and departmental programming conventions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related area of study required. Master's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Writes efficient and clear programming code and creates data structures in SQL for development, support, and enhancement of applications.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Proficient in designing, building and maintaining data structures using Microsoft SQL Server. Solid
understanding of RDBMS and normalization processes.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally