Training Specialist Lead
Department Description: This role is providing support on the Beth Israel Lahey Health Change Management team.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 39949BR
Job Summary: The Training Specialist Lead serves as a liaison between the Workday training effort and key stakeholders within and outside of the project team. In conjunction with Business Process Transformation and Change Management Leader, may support Steering Committee updates related to Training Initiatives. Expert in overall BILH training practices and ability to partner with WD consultant to develop and sign-off of Training strategies and plans. Direct and provide feedback to the other training resources in the execution of training responsibilities.
- Work with Business and Process Leaders (Finance, HR, SCM and IT) to identify key policy and practice decision and relative change impacts.
- Work with business leaders to organize, manage and update business process workflows to include relationships, change needs and business system integrations as they are identified.
- Manage the core change management effort and alignment of the end user experience across the change and business and system transformation activities.
- Help identify, partner, educate and guide business Champions (change network) across the business.
- Manages the activities involved in the design, preparation, delivery and need assessment of training and development programs in support of the BILH business transformation initiative.
- Partners with Business and Process Leaders (Finance, HR, SCM and IT) to assess and implement learning (Both up to and post-implementation stabilization) programs, processes and training initiatives to support the BILH business process, Workday technology and change management transformation strategies.
- Develops and/or approves content, methods, and materials for training staff and may conduct courses.
- Develops methods for evaluation of training program effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, technical discipline, or equivalent training and education required.
- 5-8 years related work experience required in 5+ years of organizational effectiveness, or learning and development program management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing cross-functional and end-to-end IT, Finance, HR or SCM business training.
- Experience in all phases of business process transformation, systems development and implementation from concept through installation and maintenance, and business stabilization.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification or equivalent.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally