Department Description: The position is located at 1135 Tremont St.
The DevOps Team of the BIDMC Technology Office is at the forefront of introducing new and exciting technologies to the BIDMC community. Our technical engineers participate in the research, development and implementation and support of mobile, cloud and analytical systems which enable BIDMC physicians and staff to perform their jobs and functions optimally and with better outcomes. We seek creative types who want to learn these technologies, share their own knowledge and skill and be a part of a team and institution that makes a difference in the lives of our patients.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 27582BR
Job Summary: This position will be responsible for the support and maintenance of tools and systems which will enable the BIDMC Information Systems initiatives in cloud, mobile and analytical technologies.The candidate must possess not only the technical and logical skills and prowess to perform their duties but also posses a high regard for customer service and collaboration. In addition, the ideal candidate will aid in the support and maintenance of middleware and IT development toolsets.
- Support and maintain applications based on LAMP stack
- Provide support in the management of middleware platforms (SailPoint, ServiceNow, JIRA/Confluence, BitBucket)
- Provide support and technical knowledge for mobile application platforms
- Provide technical assistance and support in the migration of BIDMC applications, solutions and services to AWS or other vendor-supported cloud solutions
- Responsible for testing, supporting and maintaining automated solutions in support of BIDMC systems utilizing common scripting languages and operating systems
- Vocational or Technical training in Information Technology/Computer Science required. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required in related experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) Stack
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Experience with Python and Node.js
- Experience with mobile development platforms and support
- Good understanding and familiarity of AWS infrastructure components (EC2, VPC, Security Groups, IAM, etc) as well as administering resources
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally