Technical Engineer I- Dev Ops
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 41655BR
Job Summary: This position will be responsible for the support and maintenance of tools and systems which will enable the BIDMC Information Systems initiatives in cloud, mobile and analytical technologies. The candidate must possess not only the technical and logical skills and prowess to perform their duties but also possess a high regard for customer service and collaboration. In addition, the ideal candidate will aid in the support and maintenance of middleware and IT development toolsets.
- Collaborate with other system engineers, application developers, and technical architects to maintain a healthy cloud environment by reviewing logs, server, application and cloud service performance, and system security while pursuing continuous improvements in the environments.
- Provide operational management of middleware and mobile application platforms.
- Responsible for testing and maintaining automated solutions in support of BIDMC systems utilizing common scripting languages and operating systems.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers in providing operational assistance for platform implementations, upgrades, etc resulting in a timely completion of tasks and deliverables.
- Vocational or Technical training in IT/Computer Science required. Bachelor's degree in IT/Computer Science preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Good understanding and familiarity of AWS infrastructure components (EC2, VPC, Security Groups, IAm, etc) as well as administering resources.
- Good understanding in Google Cloud Platform and Google Services for cloud and service development.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement