Tech Assistant I - Endoscopy
Department Description: This role is working in the GI Endoscopy Unit in Boston, MA.
This position requires an on-call rotation for weekend and holiday coverage.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 34528BR
Job Summary: Carries out the reprocessing protocols for equipment and supplies for procedures. Maintains equipment in proper working order, keeps appropriate inventory of supplies for daily operations. Carries out protocols and quality assurance for infection control in maintenance of equipment and performance of duties. Assists nursing staff in selected tasks to support functions of the unit.
- Reprocesses and disinfects equipment and supplies per protocol.
- Conducts quality assurance measures and maintains QA documentation.
- Monitors equipment and supplies, requesting for repairs and orders as needed.
- Maintains working knowledge of equipment, processes and protocols.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Attention to detail.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.