Talent Acquisition Sourcer
Department Description: This role is providing support on the BIDMC Talent Acquisition team. This role is per diem and hours will flex based on business needs.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 41779BR
Job Summary: This strategic position will focus on the understanding of the organizational business needs. It will be responsible for the creation and implementation of recruitment strategies and will partner with the Talent Acquisition team member and hiring managers to support all hiring initiatives. The Talent Sourcer will creatively source, assess and select qualified applicants to be referred as candidates for open searches including networking and cultivating a talent pipeline. The Talent Acquisition Sourcer will be responsible for finding extraordinary hidden talent through unconventional means while establishing relationships with key talent within a professional network while ensuring a positive candidate experience
- Works closely with the Talent Acquisition team member to understand staffing needs and develop a proactive, innovative sourcing/recruitment strategy to attract and recruit top talent.
- Comprehends the market intelligence as well as the labor pool to better provide overall competitive compensation strategies to the stakeholders when identifying talent.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition team member and hiring managers to generate ideas leverage resources and share information that facilitates and effective high volume and high quality search process.
- Performs advanced sourcing including social media, internet and data base mining, developing relationships with professional organizations, colleges and schools, and community agencies to identify and recruit a diverse slate of candidates for all positions.
- Utilizes knowledge of multiple recruiting sources to identify, screen, attract and target top talent by leveraging the use of technology while engaging, building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Provides additional staffing assistance, as required, and shares viable candidates across the medical center. Represents Beth Israel Lahey Health, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center at job fairs, open houses, and college recruiting events.
- 1Communicates status of searches with the Recruiter(s) on a consistent and timely basis.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Experience with building and utilizing a variety of sourcing plans and tools, including proactive phone and internet research.
- Effective utilization of a variety of assessment skills including resume review, behavioral interviewing and reference screening.
- Proven ability to appropriately assess and maintain discretion in confidential situations.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- High volume recruiting experience.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement