Systems Engineer II
Department Description: Position is located at 1135 Tremont St.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 40019BR
Job Summary: Installs, configures, and supports physical, virtual, and Cloud Data Center servers and services, prepares basic documentation, and maintains and supports an enterprise level server based computing environment.
- Participates in ongoing monitoring and evaluation of server performance. Provides 7x24x365 on-call response.
- Creates and maintains technical support documentation and procedures related to new technology installations and implementations.
- As requested by Level III Engineers participates in technology projects and acts as a front-line interface to end-users or as liaison to technology vendors.
- Performs basic problem management and root cause analysis in identifying, prioritizing, researching and resolving service requests or reported problems in a timely manner and appropriately escalates to other engineers as necessary and within established guidelines.
- Provides technical troubleshooting advice and serves as a resource to other IS Support Staff members.
- Vocational or Technical training required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement