Systems Engineer II
Department Description: Position is located at 1135 Tremont St.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 40019BR
Job Summary: Installs, configures, and supports physical, virtual, and Cloud Data Center servers and services, prepares basic documentation, and maintains and supports an enterprise level server based computing environment.
- Participates in ongoing monitoring and evaluation of server performance. Provides 7x24x365 on-call response.
- Creates and maintains technical support documentation and procedures related to new technology installations and implementations.
- As requested by Level III Engineers participates in technology projects and acts as a front-line interface to end-users or as liaison to technology vendors.
- Performs basic problem management and root cause analysis in identifying, prioritizing, researching and resolving service requests or reported problems in a timely manner and appropriately escalates to other engineers as necessary and within established guidelines.
- Provides technical troubleshooting advice and serves as a resource to other IS Support Staff members.
- Vocational or Technical training required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally