Surgical Specialties Coordinator
Department Description: We are seeking a full time Surgical Services Coordinator to support the OB/GYN Department.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 36257BR
Job Summary: Provides administrative and scheduling support for Division. This position is responsible for leading and coordinating administrative work, projects staff, and managing surgical scheduling. Performs various administrative functions requiring in-depth knowledge of departmental programs, operations and services and hospital policies and procedures.
- Coordinates all aspects of the surgical process for the diverse surgery patients. This includes preparing educational materials for patients, scheduling all pre surgical appointments and testing, booking cases at appropriate facilities and scheduling post operative appointments with appropriate NP or Surgeon. Communicates to staff.
- Obtains Prior Authorization for all required surgical procedures in facilities to ensure proper payment.
- Oversees planning and preparation for meetings. Distributes minutes, prepares agenda and materials.
- Assists in planning, coordinating and making recommendations in preparation for high-profile programs and events for the department.
- Independently composes and edits complex and sensitive correspondence, reports and documents for final approval by manager.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally