Support Services Business Analyst
Department Description: Information Technology (IT) has undertaken a multi-year effort to harmonize IT systems across Beth Israel Lahey Health. IT staff members may have the opportunity to participate in special projects that span Beth Israel Lahey Health as part of this harmonization effort. This position may be assigned to work on special projects, and other job duties, as needed
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 43531BR
Job Summary: This role is responsible for consulting with internal support teams and project teams on new and existing systems and applications. This individual will identify and align business requirements to technical support requirements and work cross functionally to successfully implement and transition work to Support Services.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions by analyzing and synthesizing business requirements.
- Work independently as well as part of a team for service line shift left support workflow changes.
- Analyzes complex business problems and identifies options for potential solutions and assesses them for technical suitability.
- Identifies gaps and provides technical expertise in business requirements for system functional specifications and scales new and current systems, processes and procedures in a cost effective manner.
- May provide consultation to end users on processes and best practices.
- Develops and drives best practices around shift left work from IT teams. Plan and work with facility to meet deadlines.
- Partner extensively with internal IT colleagues to fully understand challenges.
- Map and document interfaces between legacy and new systems.
- Translate customer requirements into a highly developed requirements document.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- ITIL Certification required within first 12 months.
- Agile Certification required within first 12 months.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement