Staffing Coordinator - PCS
Department Description: iShift - weekend and evening coverage needed.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 41178BR
Job Summary: Works closely with Staffing Manager and Nurse Managers to ensure adequate staffing for in patient units in Patient Care Services ("PCS").
- Orchestrates the day-to-day staffing needs for the department, filling vacant positions with qualified applicants as needed.
- Accurately maintains the integrity of time-keeping system by accurately entering actual time worked and time off. Tracks tardiness, overtime, personal leave time and hospital accidents for each employee, using the department's staffing codes which meet the Medical Center's payroll system requirements.
- Schedules RNs, patient care workers, unit assistants and patient observers to inpatient units as needed in order to
provide quality patient care.
- Assists with weekly payroll for Patient Observers and Community Resource Staff.
- Attends daily bed meetings for the assigning of all admissions and transfers to inpatient meetings.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement