Senior Help Desk Analyst
Department Description: Position is located at 1135 Tremont St.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 29234BR
Job Summary: Ensures proper and on-going day-to-day operation of BIDMC computers, printers, peripherals, and mobile devices, identifying potential problems, resolving moderately difficult to complex computer-related problems according to established IS policies, procedures and standards.
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose and resolve moderately difficult to complex desktop-related interoperability issues, security issues pertaining to the OS, system access, passwords, and authentication.
- Develops a mature and technical understanding of network-related activities and support, including IP and DNS and gains understanding and proficiency in identifying and responding accurately to desktop management issues related to Profiles, Policies and local system configurations.
- Utilizes call tracking tool in an effective manner; maintaining and ensuring accuracy of all logged in information.
- Acquires, expands and maintains professional knowledge and skills by participating in internal and external training opportunities, in-service programs, vendor seminars and other available means in order to maintain the highest level of technical skills possible. Participates in cross-training and the training of new and current IS staff members.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with the manager, colleagues, and user to coordinate support issues and ensure timely response and positive outcomes for customer and demonstrates the ability to quickly and accurately identify when issues should be escalated to other experts and/or management.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications and other web based applications; may produce complex documents, perform analysis, and maintain databases.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- High-degree of technical skills, knowledge and understanding of personal computers, operating systems (Mac, Windows, iOS and Android), hardware and peripherals, and productivity applications (i.e. MS Office) and security software (i.e. McAfee).
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.