Sr Financial Analyst
Department Description: This position supports the Information Systems department.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 36711BR
Job Summary: Responsible for the daily financial running of the department by ensuring all cash collections, accounts payable, deposits, financial reports and reconciliations are completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing software and hardware quotes to IS Support Services for Inventory Control and, in general, for other departments in the hospital wanting to purchase using their own funds. Requests for quotes come from the ServiceNow ticketing system. Responsible for getting the best price for each product.
- Responsible for tracking IS purchased BIDMC Microsoft licensing for SCCM, CALs, Office Products in addition to any other software product used by IS for the hospital.
- Responsible for tracking all Microsoft purchases through our BIDMC purchasing agreement and providing updates to the various affiliates using this contract (includes BIDCO, APG, HMFP, etc).
- Responsible for tracking budget versus expense for specific cost center(s) within IS and/or specific types of expenses for the department.
- Tracks all maintenance budget variances throughout the year based on budget versus actual expense for the department.
- Prepares and supports the accurate and timely distribution of both corporate and individual revenue and expense statements.
- Oversees/prepares the monthly input of financial information into the general ledger system, and makes any corrections necessary. Inaccurate information could negatively impact financial performance and decision making ability.
- Review accounting systems and procedures and makes suggestions on how to improve on current methods.
- Reconciles all balance sheet accounts, maintains various schedules, and meets with year end auditors, providing materials as requested.
- Supervises /prepares the invoicing of outside entities and the deposit of cash receipts.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Work requires verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills as well as three years of progressive experience, preferably within a health care setting.
- Must be able to work well in a team-focused environment and communicate well with customers.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Microsoft Licensing procedures
- Providing quotes using vendor websites.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally