Sr Cost Reporting Analyst
Department Description: Position is located a 109 Brookline Ave.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 31567BR
Job Summary: Responsible for data collection and analysis for the Reimbursement Department.
- Involved in aspects of the year end Cost Report filing requirements and preparation for BIDMC and the affiliates.
- Directly responsible for collecting, recording and reviewing all documentation required by CMS for submission in several key areas, Organ Acquisition, Bad Debts and DSH.
- Responsible for collecting, recording and reviewing, and reconciling all Physician Time Studies.
- Actively participate and contribute to ad hoc revenue analysis projects.
- Bachelor's degree required. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally