Social Worker - Per Diem
Department Description: This per diem position supports coverage for inpatient units. We are looking for someone that can work multiple days, Monday through Friday.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 27529BR
Job Summary: Provides psychosocial screening, assessment, treatment, and follow-up for patients and families. Collaborates with physicians, nurses, internal and external case managers, community agencies, and other health care professionals to implement safe, effective and timely patient care. Assignments vary based on department and service needs. Reports to the social work manager/manager of clinical service area.
- Provides clinical services to patients and families that address personal and environmental issues in order to maximize emotional, social, and physical well being and the appropriate and efficient use of health care resources.
- Screens and triages patients who request service, are referred, or meet screening criteria for identifying patients' needs. Conducts psychosocial assessments and provides services as indicated. Partners with a nurse case manager and the multidisciplinary team, assists in discharge planning and/or outpatient continuity of care planning.
- Provides counseling and psychotherapeutic services appropriate to setting. Provides timely and appropriate documentation in patient's medical record. Consults on psychosocial patient-care planning and patient/family management as well as risk management.
- Utilizes on-site or on-call supervisors as appropriate for clinical consultation and to apprise supervisors of legal, ethical, risk issues that may effect the patient, family or the Medical Center.
- Master's degree in Social Work required.
- License Lic Clinical Social Worker required., or Registration Lic Indep Clinical Social Work required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Massachusetts license at the highest level of eligibility. If license pending, will work under the direct clinical supervision and have all notes co-signed by a licensed social worker. Must obtain Massachusetts license within 3-6 months.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus