Department Description: Provides a high level of customer service by interacting with patients, visitors and staff in a professional manner that is proactive, friendly and helpful.
Temporary resources to help staff the screening piece of patients/employees coming into the medical center-COVID Operations.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 40210BR
Job Summary: Provides a high level of customer service by interacting with patients, visitors and staff in a professional manner that is proactive, friendly and helpful.
- Greets and directs patients and visitors courteously and in a way that is sensitive to their culture or linguistic orientation; responds to inquiries regarding patient, personnel, or department locations. Leads and directs way finding process; this includes facilitating the escorting of patients/visitors, transportation access via wheelchair, providing accurate directions to the campus.
- Coordinates with Interpreter Services to assist non-English speaking patients and visitors, ensures the access to accurate information and high quality services. Assists hearing-impaired patients with access to TTY (Teletype) telephones.
- Collaborates with multiple depts.; including maintenance, transportation, environmental, and Public Safety departments to ensure seamless care to patients/visitors. Provides ownership of public lobbies to insure medical center standards for cleanliness and appearance are met at all times.
- Utilizes computer systems to access, monitor, and verify patient information concerning location, condition, phone number, and nurse's station. Assists patients, visitors, and staff use the medical center paging system. Provides parking validation for patients and visitors.
- Facilitates secure and prompt dispatch of medical records, inter-departmental packages, documents, specimens, x-rays, equipment etc.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Bilingual experience.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement