Senior System Administrator, Support Services
Department Description: Information Technology (IT) has undertaken a multi-year effort to harmonize IT systems across Beth Israel Lahey Health. IT staff members may have the opportunity to participate in special projects that span Beth Israel Lahey Health as part of this harmonization effort. This position may be assigned to work on special projects, and other job duties, as needed.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 46890BR
Job Summary: Responsible for delivering world class End User system administration services across all BILH entities and its affiliates. Using the Information Technology Service Management suite provided, this position is responsible for all aspects of system administration requests for functional area and related systems. The Senior System Administrator interacts with all levels of BILH colleagues and thus must have superior customer relations and communications skills. This individual must be highly skilled in both customer service and various information technology areas. The ability to empathize with customer incidents and communicate technical issues in plain English is critical. Acts as an escalation point for the system administrators.
The position requires an attitude of constant learning, curiosity, helpful engagement with clients and colleagues, and being invested in the success of the group and its services. The ability to find answers from documented solutions and research technical issues to resolution is critical.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for configuring, administering, and developing the ITSM system and integrating with other IT systems. Works with IT and Business leaders to develop technical solutions that satisfy the business needs of departments seeking to use ServiceNow
- Daily tasks involve general support, administration, and maintenance of ServiceNow platform and associated applications, including:
Create custom applications, record producers, catalog items and their associated workflows.
Monitor health, usage and overall compliance of ITSM tool and its applications
Monitor, control, and manage system security and patch cycles in accordance with security policy
- Daily tasks also include: Configure and customize the ITSM system including UI, workflows and integration with other systems
Develop systems integrations and process automation
Load, manipulate and maintain data between Service-now and other integrated systems
Create ServiceNow reports and dashboards
Report on KPIs and metrics in SN performance analytics
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all operational support issues related to ServiceNow and coordinates application and platform upgrades
- Demonstrates a high degree of creative and committed problem-solving skills, resolving moderately difficult to complex ITSM related incidents according to established IT policies, procedures and standards.
- Responsible for Level 2 admin providing intermediate to advanced account administration. Consistently exceeds end user expectations by meeting established SLA's and customer demands. Drives high customer satisfaction and ensures services align with BILH needs.
- Possesses and maintains professional knowledge and skills by participating in training opportunities, in-service programs, vendor seminars, etc. to maintain a high level of technical skills. Participates in cross-training, mentoring and training for more junior staff. Acts as an escalation point for the Service Desk, Field Support and junior Sys Admin staff.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of BILH centric clinical and core applications with skill/ability to troubleshoot and resolve performance, access and interoperability issues. Possess the ability to perform assessments and diagnosis of access related problems using the tools provided. Trains and helps onboard new team members.
- Possess an understanding of best practices in regards to BILH and departmental policies and procedures.
- Will contribute to the creation of processes and procedures within our knowledge base. Will work closely with teams to develop standardized workflows.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required in 3 plus years of Service Desk and/or identity Access Administration in a large enterprise of end users in a complex MS Windows / MS Office environment..
- Advanced Knowledge and experience with ITSM systems such as Service Now or Remedy.
Knowledge of various Operating systems (IOS/Android)
Knowledge of Network fundamentals is required.
- Solid experience with Microsoft infrastructure (Windows, Active Directory, Exchange, etc.) is required.
- Experience in Microsoft O365 applications is required.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Knowledge of Apple, Samsung, and Google mobile device hardware is desirable.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.