Senior Donor Relations Officer - Office of Development
Department Description: At Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC), our goal is to provide extraordinary, patient-centered care supported by world-class education and research. The generosity of our patients, families, and friends makes it possible for us to carry out our mission.
BIDMC is seeking dynamic professionals to join its growing Development team as we are in the quiet phase of a $750M Campaign. Under the leadership of President Pete Healy and Chief Development Officer Kris Laping, BIDMC’s fundraising has doubled within the past five years. As one of the nation's preeminent academic medical centers we are committed to excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and education and have recruited world-class leaders, researchers and physicians who are working with Development to raise philanthropy to new levels.
We seek creative, entrepreneurial, and innovative staff within the office of Development to help us attain our goals. Please see more at https://www.bidmc.org/give
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 32003BR
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Donor Relations, supports key donor relations activity to maximize the level of recognition and communication with individual major gift, corporate/foundation major gift, planned gift, and selected high level annual fund donors in ways that significantly strengthen their relationship with and good will toward BIDMC.
- Maintains and tracks donor recognition plans and collateral for major and principal gift donors. Regularly reviews, communicates, and assists in prioritizing and tracking updates on stewardship activity.
- Supports the creation of meaningful donor relations activity including development of funding opportunities, naming opportunities, signage, recognition gifts, acknowledgements, and campaign collateral.
- Helps to design and execute stewardship and recognition events that foster meaningful engagement with major and principal gift donors to BIDMC. Assists with event briefings and preparation of event materials.
- Tracks and regularly updates the plaque database in order to maintain an accurate and historic archive of BIDMC plaques, as well as new funding and naming opportunities.
- Supports the tracking of gift agreements to ensure all stewardship deliverables are produced on time and are aligned with donors' expectations.
- Conducts vendor research, tracks department orders, and manages relationships with primary vendor contacts.
- Supports other assigned, department-specific projects, which could include refining or developing organizational systems, processes, and department reports.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Experience with Adobe suite.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.