Senior DevOps Engineer
Department Description: Information Technology (IT) has undertaken a multi-year effort to harmonize IT systems across Beth Israel Lahey Health. IT staff members may have the opportunity to participate in special projects that span Beth Israel Lahey Health as part of this harmonization effort. This position may be assigned to work on special projects, and other job duties, as needed.
This position has potential for Remote - Hybrid work.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 45101BR
Job Summary: This position will be responsible for the developing, testing, implementing and maintaining of tools and systems which will enable BILH Information Systems initiatives in cloud, mobile and analytical technologies. The candidate must possess not only the technical and logical skills and prowess to perform their duties but also possess a high regard for customer service and collaboration. In addition, the ideal candidate will aid in the support and maintenance of middleware platforms and IT development toolsets.
- Responsible and lead efforts for developing, testing, maintaining and supporting automated solutions in support of systems utilizing common scripting languages and operating systems.
- Provide technical expertise in management of applications, solutions, services and infrastructure in AWS, Google or other vendor-supported cloud solutions with focus on security, availability and resiliency.
- Provide support and deep technical expertise in the management of microservices, middleware application platforms.
- Configure and prepare production releases, deploys, and rollback instructions.
- Troubleshoot incidents surrounding supported solutions, including after-hours escalations of major incidents. Troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, solution production support incidents, and apply permanent improvements.
- Analyze resource requirements and usage, and suggest options to optimize and cut costs.
- Collaborate with other system engineers, application developers, and technical architects to maintain a healthy cloud environment by reviewing logs, server and application performance, and system security while pursuing continuous improvements in the environments.
- Provide guidance and direction to the DevOps team members in the handling of daily operations, project deliverables and other tasks in conjunction with DevOps management.
- Vocational or Technical training in Information Systems required. Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Computer Science preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required in DevOps Engineering or Code Development.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Service Providers like Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Experience working on Unix/Linux based platforms.
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Chef, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.